Saturday, January 7, 2012

Save it for Saturday

I have decided to start a weekly blog post entitled “Save it for Saturday.” While it is true that Mom Reads My Books is a book blog, every now and then I feel the urge to discuss something else, whether it is movies, television or music. Sometimes I find interesting articles I would like to share with my readers and sometimes my extremely opinionated nature comes out and I feel the need to share my thoughts and feelings about some aspect of my life or such (never politics, though, that is too volatile of a subject). This is also helping me in my attempt to blog more consistently—reviews, memes or interesting articles.  So I have decided that these discussions will be “saved for Saturday” and a weekly post made on that day.

I have several ideas on paper, and a least one interesting guest post coming up concerning technology and where it is taking the reader. I figure more ideas will come to me as time passes and I am willing to take input from my readers as well.    

I hope my readers find this new venture interesting. Please leave a comment in the comment section to let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I have had the same worries about blogging about anything not book related, but often want to talk about other things. As you said, never politics. It's even hard on Twitter when authors I follow sometimes do that. Can't wait to read these posts, and I can see joining in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's always good to mix things up a little, as long as the majority of the content on your BOOK blog is still about BOOKS. I also like that those posts will be on a specific day so that readers can easily skip those posts if they're not interested in reading them. I'll be interested to see how this feature turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.