Originally posted 10/1/11
To request a review, please email me here.
- I will only post honest reviews of books. I will always try to be fair. I will point out anything good or anything I liked about the book, but I will also point out any issues I might have with a book. Being honest does mean that I may post negative reviews, as well.
- As of October 23, 2011, all reviews will be "graded" with a letter grade. Please see my ratings systems page for clarification.
- I do not accept compensation for my reviews. I do post reviews as requested by authors and publishers when I am able, but again, I give only my fair and honest opinion and I accept no compensation.
- I have a very eclectic reading style, I love books from all genres.
- I will post reviews on not-yet-released books, current books and some not so current books.
- I read for enjoyment, so some of my reviews will be of books that have been out for awhile or that one of my daughters recommended to me.
- If you are unsure if I will review a book, ask me, you never know what I will say. There are millions of books out there that I haven't read and I enjoy discovering new books and new authors.
- I read both physical copies and .mobi copies (for the Kindle). I will accept epub copies, but those I have to read on my laptop, which is not very portable. Those books take me longer to read, especially in the fall. I am very busy and I can't always sit down with my laptop and read the book.
What I include in a review:
- Picture of book cover
- Release date
- Format I read it in and number of pages if applicable
- A brief summary
- My opinion of the book
- Whether or not I would recommend the book to my daughters (not always included)
- If a book is an adult book (I do read those) I will try to include a disclaimer at the start of the post pointing this out.
- I do post reviews on Goodreads and on LibraryThing of the books I read.
- I reserve the right to change my mind about reviewing a book. If I cannot get into a book or it feels tedious to read it, I won't finish it to review it. I will notify the author or publisher of the book that I am unable to finish it.
- I may ask to have a guest blogger write a review. I will contact the author ahead of time to ask how they feel about this and explain who the guest blogger is.
- I am currently pushing reviews out to at least 4-6 months. I started this blog because I enjoy reading. I don't want it to feel like a job. If I give you a date of either starting or completing a book, it may be subject to change. Like I said, I'm busy!
- In accordance with FTC guidelines for bloggers and endorsements, I would like to clarify that the books reviewed at Mom Reads My Books are either purchased or borrowed by me or have been provided by the publisher or author free of charge. I am not compensated for my reviews nor have my opinions been influenced by the way in which I received the reviewed materials.
*These policies are subject to change.