Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sophie and Carter by Chelsea Fine

Sophie and Carter have been neighbors since the 3rd grade. They can look into each other's windows and see the life the other leads. But those lives are dysfunctional at best. Sophie and Carter know the best and the worst about each other. They are best friends. As their lives evolve and change as graduation draws near, will that friendship change and become something more?

This was a very sweet and endearing story. Chelsea Fine captures the bitterness and uncertainty of growing up very well. I read this story in one sitting, clicking madly through the chapters on my Kindle to see what would happen next. A very well-written young adult novel.

Sophie and Carter makes a great read, especially for a reluctant reader. It is an uncomplicated read, short, but not too short. A great introduction to the young adult genre for the transitioning reader.

I do have to confess that I have known Chelsea since she was in high school. I am very excited to see this young lady making her way in the young adult genre! I wish her the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.