Thursday, April 26, 2012

Feature and Follow Friday #32



Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee’s View and Alison at Alison Can Read. It is a great way for bloggers to make new friends and find new blogs to follow. Go to either blog, follow ALL the instructions and then add your link to the list. It’s just that easy!

This week’s question:


Have you ever had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either a series or stand alone book? Tell us about him or her.


Well, I can't think of one that I fell in love with and then broke up with them. There are some characters that I have liked and then they irritated me so much that I quit liking them and they have yet to redeem themselves. I may get virtually punched for this, but the one that comes to mind first is Simon from The Mortal Instruments series. I just felt like he got really whiny and self-centered as the books progressed. I know he was going through a lot and having a difficult time, but guess what, so was Clary. But, with that being said, he has been getting a little better over the course of the last couple of books, and I hope that trend continues.


Since this meme is all about the following, feel free to follow me via GFC, Linky Followers or Networked Blogs. If you leave a comment in the comment section, I will swing by your blog and follow back! Happy weekend everyone!

17 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of the characters in Mortal Instruments eventually turn whiney and selfish. Seems to be a theme.

    New GFC Follower. My FF. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely defend you if you're going to be punched, because I totally agree. At first he was pretty hipster, but then he just became very, very self-important and whiny. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I am glad I am not the only one. And self-important is the perfect way to describe him!

      Delete
  3. Haven't read it yet, but I have a very low tolerance for whining, so I will probably agree with you :-)

    Thanks for following! Followed back via GFC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I thought Simon improved as the series went on. Jace was weird in COFA.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first two books of The Mortal Instruments. I don't remember much about Simon though, but I hate whiny characters!

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read the first book but hope to read the rest sometime soon.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/feature-and-follow-friday-27th-april.html

    Have a great weekend, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Simon. I don't really love him.. But then, I felt like the whole series is getting worse and worse. Or maybe it's just me realizing that it's not my cuppa anymore? *sigh* I don't know..

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never read that series, didn't really grab my attention at the bookstore.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following me, here is your comment & follow back! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the follow :) I am following you back!!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo many books / series I haven't read. The Mortal Instruments is on my to-read list, though. Sorry to hear Simon got self-centered. I would be disappointed, too.
    Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm an old follower.
    _yay_
    FollowFriday_Feature

    ReplyDelete
  12. {new follower here}

    I agree with your conclusion of Simon. Thanks for sharing.

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read that series so no punching here!

    My follow friday

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha yeah I love Simon but it's all good. No punches.
    GFC and linky follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!
    Great answer to a fun question this week!
    And thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm an old follower! :D

    J.B. :)
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read this series! I'm thinking this summer will be a good time to. Thanks for the follow, I followed back! Our Hop

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.