Thursday, August 11, 2011

Night Walker (The Night Series #1) by Lisa Kessler



Title:  Night Walker (The Night Series #1)
Author:  Lisa Kessler
Genre:  Adult/Paranormal/Romance
Publisher:  Entangled Publishing, LLC
Format:  NetGalley/Kindle
Publication Date:  8/2/11

Calisto has walked the earth for centuries, waiting for the woman he loves to return.  Sometimes, he thinks she never will, despite what the Old One said. So Calisto waits, surviving on the blood of humans and hiding from the sun.

Kate Bradley decides to return home to San Diego after breaking up with her fiancee, despite the painful memories of her parents' death or the recurring nightmares she suffers when home. Nightmares of a woman being hunted down and hurt, nightmares so real that Kate wakes screaming and in pain, so real they seem more like a memory.

Kate is not looking for romance. But when she sees Calisto, she is inexplicably drawn to him. And Calisto knows that Kate is the reincarnation of the woman he loved so long ago. Now, he must protect her from enemies, both old and new, if their love is to survive.

I really enjoyed Night Walker. It was well-written and fast-paced; it kept me turning pages to learn what would happen next.  While this was a romance, it took awhile for the two main characters to make a connection. I actually enjoyed that! It was nice to read a story where the characters didn't hop in bed together right away. The flashbacks to Calisto's and Kate's former lives were perfectly placed and they added to the beauty of the story. I envied Kate and Calisto's love. It was pure and fresh and exciting. This was a fun summer read!

This is not normally the type of book I review, as it is not young adult. I will not be recommending this book to my girls, it is most DEFINITELY a book for adults. But I will recommend it to my other adult friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to read and post a review for Night Walker! I really appreciate it!

    I'm glad you enjoyed the book!

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.