Monday, June 20, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

On to my next book!

I am reading Matched by Ally Condie.  It is a very compelling story. Cassia has lived her life in a utopia, where all decisions are made by the Society and Officials rule.  Their choice is your choice. Supposed perfection--a long life, the perfect job and an ideal mate--is seemingly the only price one has to pay.  Cassia has been Matched with her best friend. It's obvious he is the one. Or is he? When Cassia sees another face flash briefly on the screen, everything changes. Will she follow Society's idea of perfection or allow herself to believe in passion?



If anyone has ever read The Giver by Lois Lowry, Matched will seem a bit familiar. I am enjoying Matched quite a bit more than The Giver, though. 

I am about halfway done, but the rate I am going, I will probably finish by tomorrow. I will update when I finish!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! If you leave a link back to your blog, I will check it out! No spam, please. Rude and insensitive comments will be deleted.